I’m a writer, editor and editorial consultant on ELT dictionaries, coursebooks and grammar titles, both digital and in print, including:
- Collins Exploring English (an 8-level English course for schools in India)
- Collins Grammar in Action (an 8-level grammar course for schools)
- OUP's Quest, Connections and Insight English courses
- York Classics reader activity books
- Collins COBUILD English Grammar
- Macmillan English Dictionary
- Oxford Learner's Thesaurus
- Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary
- Macmillan Collocations Dictionary
I work with authors of educational materials to develop ideas and refine content. Materials I have contributed to in this way include:
- 52, My First Digital Journey, How to Pass Delta, Machinima (e-books published under the auspices of the round)
- Cool Speech (iPad app, Richard Cauldwell)
- A–Z of ELT (Scott Thornbury)
- The CELTA Course (Scott Thornbury and Peter Watkins)
- A Glossary of Language and Mind (Jean Aitchison)
I use English language corpora on a daily basis, as part of the process involved in describing how English works. I also do more in-depth corpus research.
I give talks and workshops on localising educational materials, research into language change and innovation in language teaching.
I am particularly interested in developments in the areas of learner autonomy and critical thinking, and in the creation of digital materials as an adjunct to face-to-face teaching and learning.
Please feel free to contact me about print or digital publishing projects.
Tel: +44 (0)1896 820 161